Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flowers for Algernon.

Today I wish that I wasn't like Algernon. I don't want to be aware of how the world works. I don't want to have to listen to people's inane banter and pretend that I think it is worthwhile discussion. And then, I wish I could be like Algernon, slowly decaying; going back to a place oblivious to the world around.

The only problem is that Algernon dies in the end (and I don't particularly want to die) and that in order to slowly decay, one has to be aware of the decay. No Thanks.

I am left with no choice. I must sit, listen and pretend that I do not understand how the world works. How I wish that intelligence did not bring with it an acute understanding of how different one is to others.

This is my whinge, my selfish little rant for the day. It's because the tears don't come. They never do. *sigh*

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. better out than in! although your version of letting it out is a lot more honest than most people. somehting differnet, maybe evn better, is just around the corner I'm sure ♥

    I just googled flowers for algernon *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always the areas of "what you don't know you don't know" to focus on see if that helps.

    This is my first visit to your blog. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support Em, it's always a pleasure.

    True words Tom. I was just having a bit of a pity party. It's winding down now (thankfully), glad you liked my blog. I did find it amusing that your profile states that you like to surround yourself with positive people and you landed on my blog in the middle of a pity post. Glad it didn't seem to put you off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing about you or your words can put anyone off! We love the way you write.
    Do visit my blog: www.smitaspoetry.blogspot.com
    and leave a comment1

    ReplyDelete