Monday, July 27, 2009

Do you want a cool way to waste time and do something good?

How about donating rice for words?

What on earth do I mean?

Go to Free Rice and test your vocabulary knowledge. For every word you get correct, 10 grains of rice will be donated through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger. It's easy!

I wouldn't mind if the rice was just given anyway, but ... I am happy to do this too. Now I know 10 grains of rice isn't much, and to be honest the 430 grains that I've 'donated' today isn't much either, but it all adds up. There were over 15 millions grains off rice 'donated' yesterday - that is HEAPS.

It's a shame we need gimmicks, as it is so important to keep focus on how we can help the world in which we live. This is really just a grain in the silo. I suppose every grain helps though - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment