Friday, January 1, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon ...

A Blue Moon is certainly a rarity experienced for New Year's, even more so as technically, Australians didn't get it. Our Blue Moon occurs this month (being January) as the actual rising full moon that has been declared a Blue Moon was seen during the evening of December 31st in most Northern Hemisphere countries. Australia sees this 'same' full moon on January the 1st, so no Blue moon for us. Our Blue moon will be January, and then March of 2010; maybe not so rare after all, going by Gregorian calendar and not some of the more traditional methods of determining these astrological events.

However, I will remain optimistic for the new year. For the first time in many, many years I feel hopeful for the upcoming year and look forward to some change.

I have quite a few writing ideas I would like to get underway, and, of course, I will continue to blog; hopefully a little more regularly than I have been of late.

I promise that my next post will explain the last few poetic ramblings. My prose poem MMIX certainly needs a bit of insight given.

Thanks to all of my followers, and I look forward to blogging with you all in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment