Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's the little things you don't think of ...

No poem tonight, sorry guys. I will have one for you tomorrow. I have it now, if the truth were to be told, but I think it's important to address something that happened today. I have Lorraine to thank for this, some lovely feedback on my writing and she really made me realise what other people can take from each of my poems.

In saying that, Lorraine also made me see something else too, a message that I can also benefit from, so I am going to share it with you. For me the poem 'Momentos', is a little bit like an angry catharsis; a message to the person who did this to me. It is so often these negative memories that we carry around, allow to haunt and plague us, so much so that we are crippled. What of the good memories? They are pushed away, not allowed to have as much of an impact, and what an impact they could have if we only let them. This is what Lorraine saw - this is what she told me. She sees this poem as a reminder to focus on the good, and allow these memories to have the same power we give to the bad. It's also a reminder to us all to ensure that the momentos we give to others are good, as so often we can offer the negative ones without thought, and it's these ones that can be the most damaging.

Thanks for all your feedback, please feel free to post it as a comment on the blog, so that everyone can see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment