Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nature called

And so, we have the elements; fire, wind, earth, water.

A wonderful trip to the beach with my equally wonderful little girl. I really wanted to catch the essence of the day, and to be honest I don't think I quite hit it. The day was made up of so much - so much that I really don't think I managed to get into the poem at all. I am glad that at least two of you liked it, as it was a bit of a struggle to put together.

I think that the struggle may have been caused by my desire to write in Haiku form. If you note it really is a series of Haiku. Four in a row, three lines; five, seven, five, syllable sets with a change in tact or punctuation device in the second or third line. Check - yep it's all there, but I am not. It's not really me. I like my usual free falling prose ramblings, so will stick to that for a while.

I do have a 'little' assignment that has been set, and as soon as it's done I will share.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment